Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Santana is a Met!


Well, the war of attrition has finally ended. Pending a physical and their ability to work out a contract extension, the Mets will send Carlos Gomez, Phil Humber, Kevin Mulvey and Delois Guerra to the Twins for Johan Friggin' Santana!!! Yes, they gave up alot but they kept Reyes, Pelfrey and F-Mart in the fold. While its obvious that having Santana doesn't guarantee a pennant, it vaults the Mets ahead of the Phillies and Braves for dominance in the division.

From a collecting point of view, I don't think Gomez really showed what he's capable of last season. I feel as he blossoms as the Twins everyday CF, his cards will steadily rise in value. I don't think Humber will be much more than a middle of the rotation guy, however Guerra has a chance to be very good.

Whew, now I can take my Santana cards and move them ALL to my Mets binder!

Let's Go Mets!!!


No comments: